Landlord Insurance


Fitz-Gibbon recommend property and contents be comprehensively insured to include third party and occupiers liability risks.

Your insurer should be advised the property is to be let and the term of the proposed letting. Prior to the tenancy commencing it is vital the policy wording is checked by you to ensure cover continues during the term of the tenancy as many policies exclude such cover.

It is important to clarify the position of your insurer regarding cover for water damage and other risks whilst a property is vacant prior to the commencement of a tenancy, at the end of the tenancy or during a period between tenancies (void periods). Written consent should be sought from your insurance company as it is usually preferable to keep central heating systems operable during these vacant periods, particularly during the cooler months.


Buying Property To Let

Buying property to let or buying property already let is a complex business, demanding up-to-date knowledge on a wide range of topics including finance, tax and other statutory responsibilities. Find out more >